Sunday, November 26, 2006

Intensive rehab !!





Drawing on and off for the past ten years really left my hand to be stiff and uncoordinated. Last summer I submitted myself to an intensive regime of comic books and everything else I could get my hands on to get inspired and get back to the comic frame of mind.

In my search, I found myself obsessed with the works of Alex Ross. I bought "Mythology. The DC comics art of Alex Ross" and stood in awe of his technique and body of work. WAW!! I would surely like to shake this man's hand and knock back a couple of pints and share "war stories".

I had spent a lot of time writing and the time finally came to see if I could get my hand back. These pics are a first attempt at characters from my book. Many more came after that, but I would like to show you the progression of my work as I go along with this blog.

Comments are always welcome.
Jim

5 comments:

Dannie said...

Vraiment hot tes dessins!
Je vais suivre tout ça pour sûr!

Jimmy Suzan said...

Merci Dannie. T'es trop gentille.

Jonathan said...

Hi there,
My name's Jonathan. Amanda Pollicino sent me here. Thinks we might have something in common...

Sure enough, I can relate to both your having taken a break from drawing and to your attempt to come back and fully realize this talent you've carried with you, raw, all of these years.

Your stuff is good. You are right to pursue this thing that you love. Best of luck to you.

I'm looking forward to meeting you. I'm sure we'll get along famously (or at least have lots to talk about!).

J.

Jonathan said...

p.s. "When you follow your personal destiny, the Universe conspires to help you."

Jimmy Suzan said...

Hey Jonathan!
Thanks for good vibes man!
Feels good to reach out and get a positive response.
Looking forward to meet you too.

p.s. I think that line was the one that changed my life forever.